Monday, March 7, 2011

Cafe Rouge

Just to give all of you coffee lovers a preview, Sam and I went to a wonderful cafe today but I forgot my camera! So because I am so dedicated to this blog, I will return to the same cafe, order another delicious cup of joe, get a picture of the cafe and then of course I will report back to you all about the experience! :) I am also a little behind on these entries because of all the coffee adventures I had in Spain! There were just too many, I couldn't keep up! But don't worry friends because I am going to do my best to have you update before I go to Belgium this weekend. Yes, I said Belgium! I warned you folks, this blog is going international! Genny, one of my oldest friends in the entire world, is visiting this week so she will be making a guest appearance in this blog next week!

Cafe Rouge is one of the many coffee shops on High Street in Canterbury. However, this cafe really stands out because of all the outside seating available in front of the restaurant and the beautiful, big, red building it is in! Cafe Rouge traditional Parisian chain that has over 100 locations across Britain. It is also one of the bigger cafes in the town of Canterbury, so if you have a big group and you all want some yummy coffee - consider going to Cafe Rouge. Sam and I went into town to one day and really, really wanted coffee (what else is new with us?) so we decided to try Cafe Rouge. We walked in and sat at a small table for two. In a matter of minutes, the waitress came over (as sweet as could be - she was definitely the nicest waitress we have met so far on these adventures) to take our order and ask if we had any questions. She even recommended a delicious breakfast snack when we mentioned that we were kind of in the mood for a little something to hold us over till lunch. I ordered a cafe latte which was 2.45 pounds and was also pretty gosh darn fantastic! It was also my favorite kind of mug (I think Boho had the same kind)! 

While we were enjoying our hot beverage on a cold day, the fire alarm went off. Sam and I looked at each other assuming that we should race to the door and evacuate the building but no one else was moving! We then watched our waitress and two other Cafe Rouge Employees frantically run up the stairs and the alarm went off. No one really address what had set the alarm off but it was funny because no one else in the restaurant seemed to care! They just kept on with their conversation and enjoying their meal. Clearly, Cafe Rouge's coffee is so wonderful, that it will make you ignore all distractions, even a fire alarm! :)

Inside Cafe Rouge (before the
fire alarm went off) :)
The outside of Cafe Rouge
Look how cute Sam is with her cappuccino! :)
I am one proud customer with my Cafe Latte!

No comments:

Post a Comment