Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cafe Cultura

Today was really exciting because Sam and I thought that we had finally convinced Chris that he should be cool like us and love coffee. Before going into town to pick up our printer (it is much cheaper to buy a printer and split it 3 ways rather than paying to print things sheet by sheet at the library), Chris said that there was a coffee place that he'd like to go to in Canterbury. After walking 2 miles (the distance it is to town from University of Kent) in the rain and buying a printer, we were anxious to try this coffee place that even had Chris talking about it! After walking up and down the main street - High Street - we found that Chris' coffee shop closed at 2 because it was more of a breakfast and lunch cafe. But don't worry my friends, I will return there before 2pm and I will blog about it! 

The three of us decided that we wanted something warm to drink immediately so we looked down one of the many side streets to see if we saw a cafe. The first place we saw was a little cafe called "Cafe Cultura". This was the first cafe that I have been to in Canterbury that was not on the main drag so I was happy that we were really started to explore the town. We walked in and was greeted by the barista. I then told her that I was anxious to try a cappuccino but was hesitant. She then explained that a cappuccino is basically a cafe latte with foam. Did you know that? I didn't! My eyes were then obviously drawn to the menu to see how much I was going to pay for my first cappuccino and then I almost melted when I saw the prices. Ladies and Gentlemen, hold on to your socks because the cappuccinos (a generous size too!) were 1.99 pounds! Cafe Cultura had the cheapest cappuccinos I have seen since the start of this blog! Not only was the coffee reasonable, it was extremely yummy! I am so happy to announce...ALLISON LOVES CAPPUCCINOS!

It was tough to get a picture of the outside
because of street construction, but I tried!

Here is what the inside looks like!

My first cappuccino : )


"Yay! We're caffeinated again!"   

No comments:

Post a Comment