Monday, February 7, 2011

National Trust's Cliffs of Dover Tourist Cafe

Hello fellow coffee enthusiasts! Guess where the gang and I went on Friday? If you guessed Dover, England to see the Cliffs of Dover and the Dover Castle, you were right! Sam, Angie, Liz, Emily, Chris and I took a 20 minute train to Dover and then made a 2+ hour trek on foot from Dover Castle to the Cliffs of Dover - just to get a cup of coffee! Okay fine, maybe the trek wasn't just for the coffee but knowing that the cafe was only a couple hours away was certainly a source of motivation! With the windiest day in February and one of the most beautiful views in the world on the other side of a glass window, I enjoyed a cafe latte (with 4 packets of brown sugar! Again, brown sugar in a latte is delicious!). 

Honestly, I had very low expectations for this latte because it was at the Cliffs of Dover's tourist shop/cafe. How could the cafe be phenomenal if the people running the shop/cafe are constantly being distracted from perfecting their coffee with keeping their tourist shop stocked? Well, you know that saying - "Don't judge a book by its cover!". The cafe latte was actually pretty good and was decently priced! It was only 2.30 pounds (or quid - Yay! I'm learning English vocabulary!) which was less than I was expecting because at least back home in the US, touristy places are usually overpriced. The cafe latte was not in the same league as Caffe Venezia or Boho but held its own. However, the view from the cafe side of the tourist shop/cafe makes up for the above average beverage. As my English housemates would say, between the view and cafe latte, the experience was "Nom, Nom, Nom"!


Here is National Trust's Tourist Shop/Cafe
on the Cliffs of Dover!
My cafe latte and me!


The Cliffs of Dover (aka. my view!)
Nom, nom, nom - coffee and a pretty view!
Time to ponder about things!

The whole gang!




No comments:

Post a Comment