Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pastry Patisserie

 I hope no one reading this post is hungry because once you see the pictures of the yummy treats we ordered at Pastry Patisserie, you're going to want to eat your computer! For the first time since the start of this blog, I am going to discuss coffee AND something else other than coffee! Sam, Chris and I needed to run a few errands so we decided to go into town around 1. Because most of the stores in Canterbury close at 5pm, we decided to run our errands then make a relaxing coffee stop before our trek up the huge hill to get home. After 4 hours shopping/waiting in lines (or "queues" as they say here in England) for the registrars (or "tills" - which really confused me my first couple of weeks here), we began searching for a cozy cafe. As we walked down a side street by the Canterbury Cathedral, we passed Pastry Patisserie and decided to go in.

Pastry patisserie is one of the smaller cafes we have been to but it was perfect because there was only 3 of us and we wanted a cozy place to enjoy our coffee and snacks. As Sam and I skim through the menu, she notices that "Rose" ice cream is on the menu. We ask the barista what this rose ice cream lasts like so she gives us a sample. It was incredible! I didn't think it was possible to make ice cream taste like a flower, but Pastry Patisserie can! If you ever get a chance to try rose ice cream, I highly recommend it. It is certainly sweet enough to satisfy any sweet tooth! Also, the presentation of the ice cream was wonderful! I decided to get my cafe latte and 2 intricately made cookies (one was a Mexican Wedding Cake type cookie and the other one was something I've never seen before but it was certainly delicious!) My cafe latte was fantastic - definitely one of the best I've had so far on this coffee blogging adventure. How much did this fantastic cafe latte cost you ask? Only 1.95 pounds for a regular size latte! It was the same size glass I was given at Boho for a much cheaper price! Coffee Shopping Tip #648573: Going to coffee shops on the streets that branch off the main road is a great idea! Don't forget that!
Ladies and Gentlemen, this picture is first because
I know you all are itching to catch a glimpse
of the highly praised ROSE ice cream!
This is where the magic happens!
Me (after a long day of errands) about to enjoy
my cafe latte (with 4 packs of brown sugar)
and 2 fancy cookies! 
Sam and I outside Pastry Patisserie!

No comments:

Post a Comment